Friday, June 20, 2008

My first rodeo

Well, well, well...

It's 4:31 p.m. where I am.

 I've been trying to expand my spanish speaking skills my entire trip and have learned that everyone speaks english. So in an effort to please Alex, my entire time in Spain hasn't been used for my own enjoyment but rather equipping myself with an effective english vocabulary and/or unique phrases so I could come home at least being better at one language.....I know, i know I learned a little bit of Swahili while in Afreeka but I feel that the language was no longer legit when one its subscribers*- Kiba (pigeon)- reeled off this sentence over lunch, "Ya brother, I love newspapers.....of news." Now, why Kiba said this, I am unsure. It should be no issue* of linguistic barrier that newspapers are indeed made for news. After all, the name is quite foretelling. That is like declaring you like apple trees but only of apples. Apple trees of any other fruit i dont love as much. But because Kiba said this I am attempting to mind dump all things African and become focus my efforts on a language Alex will enjoy and benefit from- English. 

I have become quite patriotic over my few days "in the brush." Now I am unsure the origin of this redass for America attitude I've adopted but I've narrowed it down to a few things:

1. The euro is worth more than our dollar when God knows our country would dominate the EU in anything albeit* soccer. (God bless Kobi Jones)
2. You can only get free refills in Hard Rock Cafe.
3. I got 7 blisters, 2 in grown finger nails, and 1 impaling by a coke lid in Africa. I would've gone to the hospital but all the doctors were giving tours of Mt. Kilimanjaro.
4. There is a teen club directly across the street from where we live that we cant partake in due to ethical boundaries. In America, I have Beckham where those things wouldn't stop me.

It feels so good to contact you all through "the blog." One might ask theirselves, "Why hasn't Cody blogged yet." Previously, I would've answered with something to do with the 56K internet connection throughout all of Africa. It would've been a lie. The reason is that the Deathstar couldn't make the trip to Africa and therefore to Espana. So as it rests in College Station in its port, I am becoming acquainted with the world of Mac compliments of Zach's little baby. I have been severely limited in my usage thus far. I don't understand many of the "features" on this machine. So this friends is my reason for lack of blogging. I am becoming "acquanited" with technology, but it is a process friends! Please respond to this blog with the answers to the following questions:

1. When I put the cursor to the far left corner, where the hell does everything go!
2. Why can't I double click anything?
3. What is Leopard?
4. Why do the icons bounce up and down when I press them? It's as if they're excited to be locked in this Macintosh all the while definitely desiring to be inside the wonderful world of windows.*

Anyways, I appreciate "The Mac" and as a part of my cultural experience and acceptance of "difference", I will spray paint a large apple symbol on the hood of my car when I get home with Aaron's help.

The crew ditched me and when to Portugal last night. So I decided to stay home and watch the Portugal v. Germany game because I missed them so bad. For dinner I ate frosted flakes while listening to the Foo Fighters. Dane Cook also made an appearance. After that, I made Zach a few appointments with me on his "i-Cal" with me to play, train romo, and teach me to fly. This application is apparently some Mac creation where you actually have a calendar on the screen and its interactive. Took me three hours to play this little prank. After that, I tried to create an account on couchsurfing.com but I couldn't figure out how to save and upload my picture, so I gave up.

Today, I think I might go outside. 

I miss all of you and I can't wait to reunite in College Station.

The Tallahassee Heroes- I love you all. I can't wait for our next jam session. I think I'll put the keyboard in the garage under the kayaks, next to our new drum set, or somewhere between all the bikes. 

Much love,

gran negocio




5 comments:

Max Golden said...

1. When I put the cursor to the far left corner, where the hell does everything go!
They go wherever you want them to. And then they come back when you want them to.

2. Why can't I double click anything?
double clicking is excessive. mac takes care of that problem.

3. What is Leopard?
windows are like cats; they meow. Leopard roars.

4. Why do the icons bounce up and down when I press them? It's as if they're excited to be locked in this Macintosh all the while definitely desiring to be inside the wonderful world of windows.*
they are all nodding as if to say "yes, you did good choosing a mac."

If you have any other questions, refer to the iPhone or the iFran, which now comes in the European edition.

Max Golden said...

And Im glad you wrote on the blog... of blogs.

Katie said...

i literally just laughed out loud for 5 full minutes by myself. miss you coco!

gran negocio said...

Kaykay! Good to hear....see...from you. Look forward to a C-Stat party when we get back.

So this post raises a valid blog question: Is it okay to comment on one's own post?

We all know that we constantly check the blog because this stuff is the second best published material behind Alex's teen "angst" journaling. But also in hopes that our posts have been dubbed worthy of a comment. I confess. It's selfish. So I cannot hesitate to comment on my own post expressing my excitement to see KayKay upon return to College Station. Because it is true. But Alas! friends, I have another comment.

courtney said...

"gran negocio"

I feel that your previous comment was worthy of at least three "*"s.

You are now up to 5. you're welcome. (respond to this and it'll be 6!)