Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Daily Struggles

13:36 (that's 1:36pm for all you americans)
CDP Advertising Agency, London

I am currently sitting at the reception desk of the agency where I have been interning. They ask me to cover the desk about twice every week for an hour...a task I have come to dread. I sit in anticipation of the phone ringing for an entire our, praying that it doesn't. Because if it did ring I would have to figure out which flashing buttons to press while screening calls and trying to understand the person on the other line (even though they are speaking english, most of the time i struggle to make out what they are saying becuase of the heavy accent and the unknown need to practically whisper into the phone) ...eek!

I am glad you all can bear this burden with me, thanks for your love and support.

It is cold and rainy here, I miss you all!

Love,

Katie

5 comments:

katherine said...

Katie,

this is how i felt every time the phone rang in the fish aides office (substitute the british accent for redneck). Hang in there, and check to see if Root or Tori Mienekie are around to answer it for you (that's what worked for me.)

Love Kat

ps dont tell toppert

Alex said...

A model post, m'dear.

I was thinking about you all day, sitting beside that phone. Details, people! I love them!

matt said...

give us that number, what if we called?

Alex said...

Happy Birthday, Katie.

I know we're not there to celebrate with you, but, stick a candle in a scone, and it will almost be like we're there.

P.S.

Enjoyed your appearance in the most recent Harry Potter movie.

soli said...

Yeah Katie I thought of you also during the midnight show of HP.